How to Measure a Man for a Suit
First, the jacket:
- Measure the chest beneath the arms and over the shoulder blades, while keeping both arms hanging loosely by the sides
- Measure the neck at the point where a buttoned collar comes up to.
- Measure the sleeve length from the shoulder down the outside of the arm to the knuckle, with arm hanging loosely at the side
- Measure the waistline, being careful not to pull the tape measure tight. Add a little to the measurement or insert a finger under the tape measure so that the pants won’t be too tight.
- Measure the outside seam of the pants from the belt to just below the ankle.
- Take a pair of pants that fit properly and measure the inner seam from the top of the seam to the bottom of the pant leg